Who else got NOTHING for Valentine's day?

So for Valentine's Day I got my husband a card one from me and one from our baby. I didn't buy him anything specifically for yesterday because in the last 2 weeks he has gotten a motor for a 3 wheeler he is building ($300) and a dirt bike that wasn't running ($100) and all the parts for it all (I don't even know exactly how much). He did not know I got him nothing for V-day yet he got me NOTHING. not even a card. I also cooked dinner which he didn't eat. I told him he could give me a Valentine present 'later' which still didn't happen we went to bed and he fell right asleep! oh and THAT has been the story of my life for the past 3 weeks!

CarlieJS

Asked by CarlieJS at 11:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I saw your post and just wanted to say sorry, every woman deserves something on Valentines Day!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I didn't get anything yesterday. My DH was super sick, and so was our 2 year old. He said we will celebrate on his next day off, and we will.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I didn't. But we are really short on cash right now. I would have been pissed if he wasted it on that. I got cute things for the kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• we didn't have money this year. we made breakfast together and went to the gym together, then had some fun in the shower, then went to hang out with family. it was nice. last year we got each other big gifts and went out but we just didn't need that this year. the nice time together was good enough...your husband sounds like he was a real douche. men can't read minds though. you have to confront him
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I didn't get flowers or candy or a wrapped up present, but my hubby came home as soon as he was able to get away from work. We ate supper, which I had cooked, and we also fed our youngest son, our son-in-law and 2 of our grandsons, ages 2 1/2 and 5 months. My hubby held the 5-month old the whole time they were at our house, and seeing his tenderness and love for those children was the sweetest gift he could ever have given me. He also later thanked me for the meal, especially noting that I had made something he really liked and his favorite chocolate pie for dessert. That might have seemed like NOTHING to a lot of people, but for me, it was more than sufficient.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Me.....but it's cuz we can't afford luxuries like Valentines Day.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I didnt get anything either. All i got was a "same to you" when i text him happy vday! He left for work early before i got up and got home after i was already sleeping. So dont feel bad! I didnt get nothin' either!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• well we were up together in the morning. no one is sick in our house. baby went to bed early and we won't celebrate anything later.
    CarlieJS

Comment by CarlieJS (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• dh and i did not give eachother anything either. we did however go out to eat on saturday night just the two of us. i dont even think we said happy v-day to eachother, but, we dont care much about it anyway. its just a commercialized holiday to suck money out of you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We had an appointment with our midwife, which he left work early for, which was nice. We went to dinner- that I paid for (I got paid last week and he doesn't get paid until this week and he took care of our security deposit so I knew that was going to happen). We came home and he asked if it was ok if he invited two of our guy friends over....I said "No, not really". So he played video games until I fell asleep and then asked me if he was being a "chump" (his term). I said "Kinda, but your broke. Rub my back." So he did.

The end.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011