increasing your chances of...

k well we already have a good chance of twins. its both are turns lol generation wise and it will b my second pregnant. we really want twins besidse eating yams does anyone know ways 2 increase your chances?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• there is not lol wish i can give you my chances...i have twins and have a 98% chance of twins or higher mult next time.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I don't know if they would, but call your doctor and see if you can talk to them about possibly using one round of fertility drugs just to boost your ovulation. You may release more eggs this way and increase your chances, but could end up with more than you bargain for...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have been reading up on this for several months now as my husband and I are also trying to increase our chances. On several boards and numerous research reports they noted that yams (make sure they are true Yams, not sweet potatoes) Evening primrose supplements and also a supplement called Vitex are all "SUPPOSED" to help you hyper-ovulate. Evening Primrose and Vitex are also great natural ways to help balance your hormones. (I was able to purchase these supplements at my local vitamin store) I have been taking them for about 3 months now (and have noticed a definite difference as far mood is concerned) and am hoping to start TTC this month. Hope this helps...good luck to you!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 9:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i read the last answer and was interested in those supplements to help mellow my mood. (too busy for twins right now!) but when i googled evening primrose, i found only pages saying it helps w/eczema, arthritis and breast pain, but not w/menstrual or menopausal purposes.

be sure to do your research. i'm sure taking it won't hurt you, the side effects listed on these pages are minimal and mostly headache and digestive issues, but when trying to conceive, you need to be very careful what's in your body.

my opinion is less is more. just eat healthy, excercise, take a prenatal vitamin, etc. no need to fill up on herbs and things that are controversial. just stick to the stuff we know works. drs recommend not taking any herbs during pregnancy, so i wouldn't take them while ttc either.
    Anonymous

• In response to anonymous @ 12: 56....I should have stated that the evening primrose DOES NOT help to balance, or support, womens health. It is, however, mainly used for the reasons you stated. Eating healthy, exercising, and taking a prenatal vitamin is what all women TTC should be doing...it will NOT increase your chances of having twins and thats what this question was about. Reading about Vitex for the last several months has shown me that you should use it several months prior (which is why I have been doing it for about 3 months now) to TTC but should discontinue its use once pregnancy may be apparent. I apologize for any confusion....but believe me...I have done my homework on this subject and if holistically you want to up your chances of twins...these are your choices.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I also found this that may help:

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO helps women to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as “egg white cervical mucus”. This type of cervical fluid is fertile, thin, watery, clear and “stretchy” and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don’t have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 1:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008