I have to tell the doctor that i want to give a vaginal birth to my baby ?

plz help me i am pregnant . i am going to visit doctor in 2 week .
what kind of questions i need to ask in the hospital or the doctor ?
i have to tell the doctor that i want to give vaginal birth to my baby?

is there any questions about labor or delivery etc
plz help me .
thanks

thank u all so much for  quick  resopnse .

actually i planning to visit  OBGYN doctor in CENTRAL DUPAGE HOSPITAL ,WARRENVILLE,IL.

we have a blue cross and blue sheld  insurence .

blessmegod

Asked by blessmegod at 11:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A vaginal birth is pretty much a given unless there are extenuating circumstances. You will be given prenatal vitamins and a complete health history given in which you need to be really honest. Testing will be done to make sure you don't have any STDs or blood issues that would complicate the pregnancy. You will be given a lot of informational brochures to take home that will likely answer all your questions.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If this is your first baby, it is pretty much assumed you'll deliver vaginally unless you have complications.

If you've had a c-section before, most drs will recommend having another one.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Just listen to him. You don't have to ask any questions unless you really have them. I'm sure some will come up by the time you give birth. good luck! You don't ask to have a vaginal birth. That is the first choice for everyone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• RESEARCH!  Research, then research, then research some more.  Learn through other peoples stories.  Listen to the moms on here and figure out your views on giving birth and how YOU want it to go.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Usually C-sections are done in a situation where it is compromising the mother's and or the baby's health. Remember that no question is stupid, ask anything and everything you feel you want to know!! Congrats!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Are you choosing an OB for your maternity care?
    If vaginal birth is a priority (you want to avoid an unnecessary cesarean) you might consider avoiding hiring a surgeon (OB) and opt for a normal birth specialist (midwife).

There are a lot of things you can ask and talk about in your interview. Would you like a list of questions?
    Are you interviewing several care providers to choose the best fit or have you already decided?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree with doulala... I was going to also suggest that you hire a midwife. They will help you work WITH your body, and will only send you for a c-section as a last resort. Obstetricians do episiotomies and c-sections at the first sign that the birth isn't going "to plan".
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• 30% of hospital births ARE via c-section! Ask your Dr. about his statistics for vaginal births and C-sections, and make your decision accordingly.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2011