Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please dont bash just help me....

if i only made 1500 last year and i have 2 kids and i am married
will i get anything back when i file taxes


Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Earned income? Not unemployment or winning the lottery or anything like that?

    Was that the total household income? Okay from the numbers I put in you'd get back about $700 married, filing jointly, $1500 total household EARNED income.

    And contrary to what the other women said on here, you CAN get back more than you put in. With earned income credit, and the child tax credit it would lower your tax liability dollar for dollar and if there is still some left, then you get the check for the difference.

    So yes file your taxes (you should file them anyway) and enjoy your refund.

    Here's a link to the tax calculator I used:

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • IDK...Depends on what your DH made and what your deductions besides your kids are.

    Answer by monshine2 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • Did you pay any taxes? Look at your W-2 and you'll see. How about your husband? Did he pay taxes? Did he pay enough in taxes? A refund is only of an OVERpayment of taxes. If you paid just the right amount for the both of you, you won't get a penny back. If you did overpay, you'll get whatever you overpaid. If you underpaid (he didn't have enough withheld), then you will owe.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • You might get a few hundred back in earned income credit. Go to the IRS website and look for the EIC assistant and punch in your numbers.

    Answer by gemgem at 12:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • If you are married then you will likely be filing together and your income won't be too much of a consideration at all, it will mostly depend on his. If you have children though who were in child care you may be able to take the credit for that.

    Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • Go to It's freea and you can fill out all the forms but just don't file at the end- unless you want to.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011