Where is Stephanie Meyer in all the mayhem surrounding Breaking Dawn?? adult content

Doesn't she care that there are going to be, not one, but 3 sex scenes in the movie based on her pre-teen and teen books?? They are straying so far from the way she wrote the books..they might as well say the movie is BASED on her books, but is not a direct rendition.
I really loved reading the series, but I don't know if I want to see the movie for Breaking Dawn... because if I wanted to see two people hump each other, I would rent a porn video. But who wants to sit in a crowded theater watching a movie with a couple grunting and groaning?? My 15 yr old sister is a Twilight fan, and when I think of HER seeing that..I CRINGE!
What has Hollywood become? I am disgusted!

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 12:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Entertainment

• I'm not into Twilight, but I wanted to answer your original question, Where is Stephanie Meyer? My guess is that she's on her way to the bank, laughing the whole way. I doubt she cares all that much about the artistic integrity behind it all.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yeah, that is definitely going to be awkward.
    The world isn't what it use to be..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I always thought it got far too sexual in the films so far let alone with 3 sex scenes! I'm guessing Stephanie Meyer doesn't have a massive say in what the movie producers do. I think I'll skip over this film... I loved the books but the films haven't been even half up to par...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• They have to come into a Pg-13 rating. Frankly I would rather see an R rated version since Breaking Dawn is much more racy and has more blood and gore then the other books combined. I mean how do you expect a half vampire half human child to chew their way out of Bellas stomach with a PG 13 rating? I mean really? Instead we will end up with a very watered down version of the movie regardless of what sex scenes they film, odds are theyll be cut out. Myers has the ability to say yes or no and she said no to alot of scenes in Eclipse.

Answer by gemgem at 12:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I hadn't heard about the sex scenes but one of the reasons I thought that the books were so great for young adults is that they were pretty tame when it came to the sex stuff- a few kisses and the implication of consummating their marriage (which, at least they waited until they were married). It would be a shame if they put racy sex scenes in the movie considering these are high schoolers we're talking about.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree leah rai. Whatever happened to sticking to the story as written? I mean, look at Lord of the Rings. Each movie was about 2 1/2 hours, but WAY worth it...because they drew you into the story. I think Hollywood producers think the ONLY thing that sells is sex. They forget that most of us DO have a brain, and don't live our lives with our crotches in the lead.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• MaryMW... that is EXACTLY my point! Thank you!
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I haven't heard anything about racy sex scenes, but I did read that the director was doing his best to stick to the book.
    vivc81

Answer by vivc81 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Hopefully she off taking writing lessons...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I haven't seen any previews or news to know what is expected for the next movie. I think that 'implied' sex is a much better option than really getting detailed. But I'll be there soon after the opening to see the darn thing and adding to Stephanie's bank account lol! She's not the best writer but her character development in the books was great!
    Tinkerella

Answer by Tinkerella at 12:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011