What are some names that are getting over used now?

what are some names that you feel like you hear every time you turn around? Maybe some ones that weren't used that often a few years ago and now they're everywhere...

lashes325

Asked by lashes325 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Baby Names

• OMG i am so SICK of all those aiden kaden jayden braiden...ANYTHING that rhymes with aiden makes me...ugh -_-
    Its funny because when I was at the hospital the nurses told me that the aiden and rhyming names were the most overused names they hear! Lol.
    nothing against the cute babies though!
    for girls, sophia, isabella, kiera. Whats weird is i dont really know anybody with the Mc-names, other than my niece. But she is alot older...shes not a baby anymore! ):
    kay526

Answer by kay526 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I detest all the Mc-names, McKayla, McKenna, McKenzie

yuck
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ayden, Jayden, Brayden, Cayden, Ethan as well as what the first poster said, all the Mc names.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sofia, Isabelle, Jacob (basically any 'Twilight' name), Madison, Austin, Ethan.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Anything that ends in belle or bella...ugh.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Aiden, Caden, Jaden, Braiden, Jackson, Greyson, Luke, Neveah, Isabella, Madison, Ava, Lilly, Olivia, Sophia.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Makayla, Kaitlyn (all spellings basically Katy), Jacob, Madison, Austin (even seeing some girls with this name), Mason, Jackson

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree ldmrmom! I'm Jenny and it never bothered me one bit, the only thing I don't like is being called Jennifer, because that is not my name. My daughter is Isabella, we didn't realize how popular her name was when we named her, but we love it and would never change it. I don't know many Isabellas in real life anyway. But as far as names that used to seem rare and now I hear all over the place, Aidan is the name that I think of first, when some friends of ours named their son Aidan 10 years ago I wasn't even sure how it was pronounced, I had never heard of it before, now I hear it all over the place. I also hear, Sophia, Madison, Ella, Joseph, and anything rhyming with Aidan a lot.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Also, Logan and Kaylie are way overused.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• LOL! When I named my son 8 1/2 years ago, his name was buried so deep in the lists of 'popular' names it was natural to assume he'd not find many other kids with the same name in his class. In kindergarten DS's teacher had 3 Logan's between her morning and afternoon classes. It's a name I hear often now. I still love it though. It suits DS well.

When I was a kid it seemed every class had a quota of 3+ Jennifers. Today it's Olivia, Emma, Madison, Jacob, Joshua, Aiden, etc. Does it annoy me or feel obnoxiously overused? No. I doubt few of us have time to confer and get approval for "unique' factor when we're naming our kids. Even the 'original' names start to become less so over time. The only thing that can rub me wrong is the "unique" spellings but that comes from a lifetime spent "Now, do you spell that with an i, an ie or a y?" Standard spelling rocks. LOL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011