Are you gearing up for house and lawn projects?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 12:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Oyyyyy yes! I need to get out in the flower beds and get my garden ready to plant ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 12:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh yeah! I am repainting the bottom level of the house. I plan on putting in much brighter colors. I am also replacing all the window treatments. Next month I usually start on my garden as well and also make sure the pool is filled with fresh water and that gives me enough time to get the right balance in the water so by May its ready to swim in.

Answer by gemgem at 12:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• YES. I can't wait until I can mow the lawn again! Seriously, I just want out of this HOUSE! lol Not to mention my kids do as well!!!!!! :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Totally! We will be doing so much to the outside of the house-----siding, shutters, posts and railing on the front porch and my personal favorite....landscaping! Cannot wait!!!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I can't wait!!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes! I have several flower beds that need some attention, I'm having quite a challenge figuring out what's there already! I have a landscaper coming out in 3 weeks, that will get the ball rolling.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That's what we're doing right now. We're completely redoing our back yard since our tortoise burrow flooded in December. We had someone come and redo everything for our air conditioner to move it to the other side of the house. Then on Sunday, my husband chipped out the gas line and ran it under the ground to the side of the patio. Yesterday he poured a concrete pad to put our grill on so it's off the patio. This week we have people coming to rip out all of our grass. Then my husband will be digging a new tortoise burrow. Then the lawn people are going to replace all of the dead grass with artificial grass. Last, the pebblestone people are going to come and coat the pad for the grill in pebblestone to match the patio, clean and reseal our patio. It's a ton of work and money, but it's going to be so nice when it's done!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Last year we resurfaced the front door and painted all the shutters, and pressure-washed the bricks. This year we are tilling all along the back fence to create more flower beds and places to grow herbs and medicinal botanicals. I can't wait to start our square foot gardening!!! We are also landscaping the front yard this year! Inside, we have a lot of painting to finish and we are replacing a lot of the hardware and lighting in the bathrooms and laundry room. We haven't decided yet whether or not we'll just regrout our shower or go ahead and tear everything out and remodel the bathroom...
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011