Something is really bugging me...

I think my relationship has hit the skids.... My dh who supposedly is not supposed to be talking to his friends on the phone at work spends like 20 Min's a day on the phone with them... But if i call to tell him there is something wrong "im 35 weeks pregnant" he doesn't answer and we don't spend time together anymore:( He would rather be working on his car. Tried talking to him nothing seems to work:( not sure what to do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Not supposed to talk to his friends, because of his boss? Idk, maybe he is nervous about the baby, does he pay attention to you at all? I would try to have an open honest talk with him, and remember you might be a bit hormonal, happy birthing! Boy or girl?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No according to him he's not supposed to be on the phone at all.. Girl Thank you:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That would definitely bug me also.  I would look at it as he's lying.  He said that he can't talk on the phone, not true.  I agree, I would have an honest and open conversation about how your feeling.  And being "hormonal" doesn't mean that you should disgard your feelings, they are still feelings and still happening.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Checked phone bill to make sure im not going over minutes and come to find out... he is using more mins then me and he rarely uses cell phone at home...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• How does he treat you at home? If he is retreating to his car, you may want to take a hard look at why he is avoiding you. Have you stopped being HIS friend? Not blaming you....but these habits are easy to get into. Try a new approach with him--hang out with him while he's working on his car. Do something nice for him like bringing him (and yourself) a lemonade or tea to sip on, or a snack to eat, while you just watch and appreciate his hobby. (I'm talking weeks of this...!) (Don't forget than men need us to be Interested and Appreciative.) Maybe he does not take your calls at work because you are usually nagging on him....and to avoid you is easier than hearing you like that. Don't take drastic measures at this stage in your life...unless he is acting drastically. Sounds like he's more childish than anything...but is probably capable of growing up right along with you as your marriage ripens. Best to you both!
    michholl4

Answer by michholl4 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I dIdn't want you to think that because you might be hormonal, is a reason to not be noticed or taken care of, I just remember when I was PG that I was super sensitive to everything,,, hope all works out, I was just pointing out that he is your hubby, and maybe he has fears that he is unable to express!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Write him a letter with how your feeling...That might help snap him out of whatever is bothering him
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Men are funny animals its not that he doesnt care its just that he is use to you and comfortable in the relationship. Tell him how much it bothers you when he doesnt have time to talk to you but finds time for his friends and if he wants to keep putting you on the back burner maybe you should leave for a minute and make him see how it is to want someone who isn't there and then maybe he will change.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• First of all, how long have yall been together? That has a LOT to do with it. Is this something that just popped up because of your pregnancy, or has he always been this way, and you and you thought your pregnancy would CHANGE him? We only hear your question, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. But YOU do. One thing I've learned is that MEN DON'T CHANGE! Young, old or in between! Don't get me wrong, they'll PRETEND to change for us, but in all actuality, they keep doing what ever the f*ck they WANT to do. They only take our bitching, as a guideline to be more careful. Sweetie, listen to your heart. If deep down you think something's going on behind your back...it very well may be. The question NOW is...what are you prepared to DO about it? I can't give you THAT kind of advice...it has to come from within. Change starts at home. Decide what you're not going to accept, what you refuse to tolerate...AND STICK TO IT!
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011