How to teach your children?

When you aren't even sure yourself what to believe as far as in spiritual or religious things, then how can you know what to teach them? I just try to teach them to help others, be good people and to be thankful for what they do have. As far as religion goes, I think I don't really believe any organized religion. But I do believe in a Creator and Angels and Jesus. It's confusing for me.
What is your opinion? All views are equally valid to me.

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 12:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• tI am not religious but spiritual, I also believe exactly what you are teaching your children too be good and thankful for the things they have. Too many of my family members have began going to church and have changed to the point that we no longer speak anymore because I don't like the people that they have became example, they quote the bible so much and say so many things and then just do the total and complete opposite of what they are preaching. I have enjoyed reading about Wicca and the beliefs of nature and all hat surrounds us and WOW you should have seen the reaction I got about that!!! LOL  Keep up the good work!!!

Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Just be honest with them. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I was raised Catholic and I do not practice that any more. I have always taught my children about all religions and I will let them deciede. Now that I am older and they are older I sometimes wish we had gone to church, not Catholic. I agree it can be confusing at time, although I think if you are honest with them about what you believe in and you teach them they will be okay.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think you are doing the responsible thing by teaching them to be good citizens when you aren't sure of any other answers. At some point you'll also have to teach them that you don't have all those answers and be prepared for them to seek out the answers for themselves.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You teach more with your life than with your words. Live a life you would want them to live for themself. You are their first teacher and they will mimic your lifestyle. Unsure of what you believe than dig deeper and look for something to get connected to. You said you believe in God Jesus and angels then why not get connected into a church that can help create those same beliefs in your child(ren)?
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011