When it seems like you just can't hold on any longer, what do you do?

Sometimes I get so tired of holding out hope when it seems like nothing is getting any better or is about to get worse. I get really down and dispair. Then I try to think about all the blessings I do have in my life. It seems to help. Sometimes I pray. But it seems like they don't get answered all the time.
I just try to take it one step at a time. How do you cope when the chips are down?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 12:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I try to remember that it's temporary. Bad luck doesn't last forever--unless you dwell on it and manifest it every day through that obsession. No prayer will work if you don't get up and do something. You have to do YOUR part to manifest something better. Hope is a false idol. More people have been crushed by it than exist in the world now. It can only ever end in disappointment and defeat. You can hope for the best, but you need to be prepared for the worst. You need to decide that, whatever happens, you will deal with it and move forward. Human beings are stronger than they know. We are built that way. Give yourself a chance to discover that for yourself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It gets hard! but, that is when,prayers r all we have . god never gives us more then we can handle,but sometimes I wonder.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Praise & Worship! Pray in the spirit, talk to God, read the Bible..seek understanding and truth.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Pray pray and pray some more!! Read some comforting passages in the Bible. Psalm 61 is a favorite of mine!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011