Thoughts on a wii

has anyone else used a wii to help lose weight..i have some friends who have but i dont know if i wanna spend all that money on something that may or may not work

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• That is a whole lot of money to spend on losing weight. Get some pilates or yoga DVD's and diet.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I like richard simmons personally, dh and I are thinking about getting the Wii fit package.

but I will say this, be careful while playing, I was playing baseball at my inlaws and gave myself pitchers arm.
    so be careful.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We have the Wii Fit and rarely use it. It is more of a game than a workout. I really would invest in a set of DVD's you can do at home before I would use the Wii Fit to lose weight.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The Wii Fit is better than sitting around on your sofa, but it's not very vigorous or intense exercise if that's what you're looking for. I kind of have fun with it, but I do it in addition to my regular workouts, not as a replacement for them. I do like the balance games though...I kick ass at the ski slalom :P
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think the Wii is just like anything else. You get out what you put in. I have a Wii and I find the Wii is good exercise if you have the right game that involves you getting up and moving.
    Mom0413

Answer by Mom0413 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2011