I need menu ideas!

Help...I am trying to plan a menu for my family for the next two weeks and I need some ideas. Please keep in mind I work full time and don't have a lot of time. I can make things ahead of time or do some prep ahead of time. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Tacos - everything can be prepped ahead. Meat can be reheated.

Crock pot meals: soups, roast, BBQ chicken for sandwiches, vegetarian mousakka....

Casseroles can be assembled and stored in the fridge or freezer and pulled out for the oven.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Get a crock pot and a crockpot cook or google meal ideas for a crockpot book there are so many ideas in those.. Good luck.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Invest in a crock pot. Put in a whole chicken cut into 8 parts. Pour a jar of your favorite salsa. Let it cook while at work. Just before serving, take out the chicken and pour in 1.5 cups of minute rice. Set the table and now everything is ready. You can also do this with a chuck steak.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Baked spaghetti, vegetable beef soup, roast in crock pot, grilled pork chops, tacos, meatloaf, quesadillas,chicken patties and french fries, chicken stir fry with rice, stroganoff allrecipes.com has great recipes

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my normal week is meatlaof, we prefer baked chicken, for a change of pace and depending on the ages of the kids they could help with this one we have tomato soup and grilled cheese. you could also do a roast beef. i don't have a crock pot i have an electric roaster. i would sometimes toss a roast with all kinds of veggies in it in the night before. (i have the removable inserts) and i would turn it on right before i leave. let it slow cook at 225 all day long and when you get home you'll have supper completely done. good luck.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• we plan our weeks meals on Sunday based on what we have in groceries, then I fix whatever and freeze each evening meals and take them out and place them in the oven for however long they need.

This week for instance on Sunday we had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad and fruit, Monday we had baked Chicken, sweet potatoes, corn, salad and fruit, Tuesday we had Baked Fish, baked potaotes, spinach and fruit, Wednesday we will be having Turkey pot pie, Thursday we will be having Pizza and a salad, Friday we will be having hamburgers, fries, salad and peas and Saturday we will be having pot roast made in the crock pot.

It is so much easier if you plan your weekly meals at the beginning of the week and it saves time also. Hope this helps
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011