Do you and your friends have game night

with me having a baby in march and most of my friends having kids already most in the same age range i was thinking about starting a game night for the grownups and the kids could have a playdate...does anyone else do this and how well does it work

ahsot1230

Asked by ahsot1230 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We do, but it's not overly regular...usually kind of a last-minute idea...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well a few of my friends and I kids are in the same age group and we always have game night. We plan together every Thursday night because we dont have class on Fridays. It be great having fun with the kids will be so awesome. Just DONT INVITE THE MEN!!!!!!!!
    SyaSya

Answer by SyaSya at 12:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We don't have a game night, although we do get together a lot and sometimes we play games. I have always gotten together with our friends and let the kids play. We usually sit around and talk, maybe have a few drinks. Sometimes in the summer we just sit by the pool while the kids swim.

Sometimes the husbands are there and sometimes they aren't it really depends on what we are doing. I must say that the group of friends we have the husbands and wives all get along so when we are together as a group I can talk to either the husbands or the wives.

Good Luck and have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We do, we try to do it once a month although it doesn't always happen. We hire some babysitters, 2 teenage girls that are sisters and go to my church, they play with the kids downstairs or in another room while we play games. We usually order pizza although we've done other things as well, once we made a taco bar, we've gotten Chinese before. I think we made spaghetti once. It's easier to order out though because otherwise food preparation takes too much of the game time. We also take turns hosting it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'll add, our kids are all pretty close in age, they range from baby to 6 years old and they love it. We invite a bunch of people on Facebook but usually it's the same 4 families that end up coming. It's men and women. We occasionally have girls nights or go out to lunch with just the girls, but it's nice to get together with the whole family for game night.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• usually a friday night is game night cause on saturday its just me and hubby
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I did this when I was married to my 1st dh and was in my 20's ... it was a blast and everyone had alot fun
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We have several times in the passed - our house or theirs- and it's a good time.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yes just plan invitations date and time have food and activities and a pijama party for the kids.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011