I need a hobby

i am really interested in starting something while on maternity leave but i need some ideas that are fun and somewhat easy to do while taking care of a newborn..any ideas would be helpful

Asked by ahsot1230 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I do quilting, but I'm not sure how easy that would be for you while you're taking care of a new baby. It is quiet, though, if you do it by hand :) My doc says that hobbies like that(or crocheting, knitting, etc) help to lower your blood pressure and stress levels. How about making collages? I enjoy that as well. Crochet is fairly easy to pick up, and you can usually just put it down whenever and pick it back up and start again.

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Photography! Don't tell me you don't want to take a million pics of the little one :) I have taken on cooking. I never had anyone to teach me how so I started to teach myself. Making home made baby food and large scale dinners for my husband and I. Both I find very practical and fun.

Answer by at 1:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Cooking, sketching, crocheting. I would recommend trying a few different things and seeing what you enjoy.

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• take a cooking or baking class, ask your bakery or check a vocational school good luck

Answer by Dianakk at 11:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i always love to cook but homemade baby food is something i wanted to try too just need to learn how

Comment by ahsot1230 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• With a new baby I have to suggest scrapbooking - you are going to have so many wonderful memories that you will want to add to your books.

Answer by scout_mom at 10:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I knit and sew.

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Cross Stitch and puzzles!

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011