How to dust toys

I had some legos in a big container that wasn't covered. Now how would i go about getting rid of the dust in there?!?!?! Would a vacuum hose with a nylon stretched over it work?

SeventiesChild

Asked by SeventiesChild at 1:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would put them in the bath tub or sink and wash them..then lay them out on beach towels to air dry.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would plug up the bathtub and dump them in to soak. Not sure the vac would get to legos under layers of legos or the ingrained dust and grime that settle.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Put em in a net bag and run them through the washing machine or a quick rinse of the dishwasher.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ditto to Ria- that was exactly what I was going to say!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Bath tub, rinse and let dry....

That is really the only way. If the dust is built up like that, you might want to consider donating them. They don't sound like they are used often and might be taking up space.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• are you serious????? ever heard of "a little dirt never hurt??????"........geeeesh
    jaymelyn99

Answer by jaymelyn99 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I clean all the kids toys on a regular basis, like I rotate what's being cleaned, in a tub full of hot bleach water. Soak them and rinse them then lay them on the bathroom floor on towels to dry. Time consuming but ensures germs are being taken care of.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh i am not afraid of germs. My kids outgrew them and have just now found some kids who could use them.
    Thank you for all your answers. I don't know why i didn't think of just washing them. Thank you!
    SeventiesChild

Comment by SeventiesChild (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Add a little bleach.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I received some from a yard sale once and they were dirty. I put them in the sink and then dryed them on a towel.
    kscummins

Answer by kscummins at 3:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011