Pain in the left side.... adult content

hello,
when my hunny and i were having sex i had a bad stabbing pain in my left side it was so bad that i fell down to my knees in tears (yes we were standing up lol but we also tried it a different way and it still hurt but not as bad)i went to the doc yesterday and he didnt see anything in the ultrasound and the blood work came back normal, but i still have that pain. its a dull pain right now but its bad when having sex. idk what to do since the results are normal.. my doc is a midwife. so idk if i should look for a different doc or not.

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wonder if its possibly just a stretching ligament, and he's hitting it, or something near it, causing irritation and pain. If it was really irritated last night, then it would make sense today for there to still be a dull pain.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i would say give it a few days before you try again to see if the whatever was causing the pain goes away or fixes itself sometimes pain in pregnancy while having sex is normal and its hard to have sex at all but i personally would rather have a dr nothing against a midwife its a personal decision
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sex can be really really irritating during pregnacy. It's really painful for me. It sounds like round ligament pain. I wouldn't switch doctors personally wait and see if the pain goes away.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011