How long did you feed your child baby food?

Just wondering because I can't remember as my child is 6. But i have a nephew that is 12 months and they are starting table food with him and have forgotten the baby food!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I didn't use much baby food when my kids were growing up. I had a food grinder and they would eat whatever I made for dinner. When they were a year old I don't think we used much baby food at all.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I stopped baby food at 10 months and just fed them what we were eating.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son is almost 10 months, and we are going to be stopping his baby food and give him what we are eating.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• By the time my kids were 8 months old they were eating table foods with us. I never used much of the jarred foods.

Answer by missanc at 1:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If the child can handle the table food, more power to them. I fed my DD2 baby food until about 1 year old. I was trying to move her towards big kid food and table food. She ate some of the toddler foods from gerber, but she can't stand them.
    I started giving her table food before she was eating baby food. I used to have her try whatever soup or sauce I was eating and she loved it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 1:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my son is 7 and 1/2 months and he is starting to eat tablefoods with me but right now he still eats mostly baby food
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my first daughter wouldn't eat baby foods the only things she would eat was cereal and that was only if it were in a bottle, she would also only eat squash, and bananas, and pears that was it then I would give her stuff like mashed potatoes and apple sauce. She didn't like baby food so as soon as she hit 10 months old I took her off of baby food and put her on table food. My youngest loved baby food. Also she was an easy chocker so she was more like 11-12 months when I took her off of it. My sister however kept her son on it until after he was 12 months he was closer to a year and a half or a little over it it was her first baby and she was afraid to give him table foods.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I had given up baby food by a year as well.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• By the time both mine we, IDK, around 9 or 10 months or so they started to get soft small chunks of food that could be mashed, like bananas, cooked any kind of veggies, toast. I know by 12 months table food was well on the way. I gave away 2 months worth of baby food, this last time, I do remember that. But I also made most of his "baby food" once he stopped eating the jars you buy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I exclusively nursed my daughter's first 7 months. Then slowly introduced rice cereal and basic fruits and veggies in the jar. She is 14 months now and is on some table food but still eats jarred veggies and dinners occassionally because her molars have just broken through the gums. It's makes no sense and probably isn't even safe giving babies food that they don't even have the proper teeth for. And it's important for infants and young toddlers to continue eating baby cereal for nutrients they can't get in say Cheerios. Jarred veggies are usually easier to feed as opposed to real veggies, since most babies don't even have the ability to thoroughly chew veggies and meat anyways with their limited amount of teeth. My son ate jarred veggies willingly by himself for years, loved 'em. I know some people thought it was weird, but I think it's more weird not to mention unhealthy if a child gets little or no veggies at all. : )
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011