Anyone ever feel like their SO's friends are trying to break your relationship up?

Dragonfly_95

Asked by Dragonfly_95 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• That never happened to me, but if your relationship can be broken up by anyone, then it's not a real relationship and I would not try to fight the ones who were trying to break it up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nope, his friends are happy that he is happy. And they know that our relationship has been coming for a long time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• one tried but it didnt work
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• no
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes all the time and thats when you bring it up and tell him it's a problem so he can fux it
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 2:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sorry fix it
    ExtremlyUnique

• A good friend of mine gets in fights with her husband all the time because of a particular friend that she says is trying to break them up. I guess it happens to a lot of people, but for me no, I have some really respectful friends and I am very thankful for that.

bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nope, for one, we're best friends. Second as soon as someone tries to come between us, they are history.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've been married now for four years with a three year old son. The first two years of our marriage was hell because of his friends. None of them are married or even have relationships. They have no kids. They wanted my husband to still be their single friend who they could pick up every friday and drop him home the next morning. They had no understanding for us as a family and it got to a point where we separated twice because of it. Yes my hubby is a big man but I also knew them and I knew they were trying their best to sink their claws in him and playing with his head to tell him don't let your wife rule you and so forth. After our second separation I let him know there wasn't going to be a third and I was more than willing to be a single parent rather than have my child grow up to a father who is constantly coming home drunk! It's been two years since my hubby put them on the back burner. He understands now family is 1st.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• when we were getting married I sure did! either that or they were jealous of us getting married or something.
    When we got engaged I started getting the cold shoulder, certain 'friends' started spreading rumors to screw up the wedding, I almost called the whole thing off because I was do sick of it all.

so we worked it out, our wedding was wonderful, and we then moved about 1800 miles away :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011