Do you ever wish you could cut your own hair?

UGH! I have tried 4 different salons over the past 18 months or so and nobody "gets it"!!!

What I want is very simple, in fact, I've already had it yet the girl who cut/styled it can't duplicate it! I've had numerous consults - always being assured it's "do-able" yet I always walk out looking the same way I did going in (or worse)!

I'm starting to think if I want it done right, I'll have to do it myself but that's obviously not going to happen!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• YES. I know what you mean. I'm getting tired of being dissapointed. And the thing is, is that you can't just "redo" it...it takes months to grow back out or whatever the case is. Talk about frustrating! I've only had one good hair cut in 5 years, and unfortunately I had to move out of state! AAAAHHHHH! Back to square one.
    Anonymous

• It takes a while to find a stylist who knows you and what you want, keep searching, they are out there.

Answer by older at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have the same problem. I would love to be able to cut my own hair.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm sorry. Finding a good hair dresser is hard. I just came out of the salon about a week ago with what I thought was a great haircut til I got home and realized that the back was longer than the front!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i cut my bangs and thats it
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ugh! I totally hear ya! I have had the same hair stylist for years! I will go in with a new picture EVERY time. It will be something totally different and I walk out with a trim of my current style! I tried to cut my own hair and lets just say, I will never EVER do it again!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I flip my head over and make a ponytail right at the hair line like right above the forehead and cut 1 to 2 inches and I am done it gives me a slight layer look. this is after I wash and condition do it while it's wet and start off very little. My hair is past shoulder length.
    Oh and like the saying goes (IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT YOU GOTTA DO IT YOURSELF)...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ALL THE TIME! LOL Seriously, I totally know where you're coming from when you say nobody 'gets it'!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I already do..it takes a lot of practice. You can look up how to trim your own hair...however, shorter styles are harder and may need help with a stylist.

Here is a great video on how to thin out your hair (without worrying about chopping it off too short) (I've tried this, and it works like a T)!! All you need is a razor (the kind you shave your legs with)!! :)

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odung17gSSo
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I cut mine all the time. I simply get out of the shower and flip my head over and trim the ends off. By flipping your head over you end up with a slight layered look. If you are trying for a particular style then that may be difficult to do yourself though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011