??????

WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WHEN I GO SEE MY OB WE BEEN TRYIN OVER A YEAR TO GET PREGO
IS THERE ANY TEST THAT I SHOULD ASK FOR ? WHAT DO YOU THINK LADIES THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• just tell them you need a pregnancy test. if you're not, make an appointment so you can find ways to get pregnant.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Get hubby tested FIRST. They'll get a sperm sample.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I HEARD I CAN GET A HOME TEST SPERM COUNT IS THAT ANY GOOD
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Before dropping a ton of money on all the tests, i would try -3 months of Clomid first. a lot of women get pregnant on this. I did the first month. Tests can be very expensive, so most doctors give this a try first also. But you're not suppose to use for mor than 3-6 months (my doc would only do 3) b/c of the risk of cancer with prolonged use.

After that i would get a "tube flush", have you FHS and sugar levels tested, get him tested, then there are a battery more of tests for you.

If you want to save money on fertility medicines, your doctor can right a script and you can order from IVF.MEDS its a company in Europe, safe, my doctor, my RE, and my sisters doctor recommended it to us, i know ALOT of women who use it. It will save you about half your money. I've never had any problems using them. In the us we've had to pay two to three times the amount for the same drug...ridiculous and never again.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Clomid response. I just ordered it from this same Euro company and I'll start it next cycle. I talked with a pharmacist about it since fertility isn't covered at all by my insurance.
    Feelinthegroove

Answer by Feelinthegroove at 2:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• First you need to get hubby tested as that is cheaper then Clomid and all the tests they do on women. Not sure about a home sperm test though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've had massive testing due to recurrent miscarriage, testing for that is covered by most plans, but if you have not experienced 3 or more losses, and you don't have fertility coverage, how about some basic blood work to rule out any conditions that may affect fertility. Having your husband tested is a very good option, and it's only $100 or so for a SA.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 9:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thanks what's an SA test
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011