Dollar Tree Pregnancy Test...

I have taken 2 dollar store test and they both turned positive within a minute..should i get my hopes up or should i go get another type of test. Me and my husband have been trying for #3 since July...ive taken a dollar tree test every month since and they have all came back negative. Has anyone else taken this type of test?

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 1:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I have taken a dollar general test that was the same brand, and yes it was right my son is 18 months old now. They work just as well as any exoensive tests. but you should always get a test from a doctor to make sure.
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Positive is positive.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If the tests found hCG...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Call your doctor for a blood test if you're not sure, but make sure you call them to schedule your first appointment right away!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i took a dollar store test and it said neg and then went and got a walmart brand one and it said poss.So it didnt work with me but if it said poss then your are most likely preg.Cuz there are VERY few false poss.Good luck and congrats!!
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I've read on so many of these questions & posts that people took the dollar store brand or another el-cheapo brand & they are RIGHT! So, congratulations, mama!!!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I just found out that I was pregnant and my first positive was on a Dollar Store pregnancy test that I took 5 days before I was suppose to get my period which was last Wednesday ( Nov. 12) I went that same day for and HCG blood test and it came back at 22., I have had and additional two my HCG blood test and they were 72 days later and 254 three days later. I would have to say you are pregnant. 

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• yes they work just the same i was trying for my first for 8 months took a dollar tree test every month that were negative till one month it was positive and i was pregnant!
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 12:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• all pregnancy tests that use urine are the same! even the ones in your drs office. when i got a pos at home test w/my 2nd pregnancy, i went to the drs to double check it, but they wouldn't give me a test. they said "the ones they use are the same as the ones i can buy at the dollar store." that's a quote. =) so CONGRATS!!!! ♥

in response to kat247, you probably mis-tested w/the first test. didn't leave it in the pee for a full 5 seconds, or left it in longer than 5 secs, didn't keep it flat for the full 3 mins afterwards, etc. false negs are common, false positives aren't! the test HAS to detect 20-25 mIU/ml of hcg to give you that positive.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 1:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2008