Foundation

Ok.. This may sound crazy, but I am having trouble finding make up that I absolutely love! Especially foundations. I know so many people who only use one brand and love it and here I am changing foundations every time I run out. Never the same one twice! Any recommendations on good foundations?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Here is the best in my opinion:

For Oily Skin (on a budget)- Revlon Colorstay (lasts ALL day, and covers well)

For oily skin (when you can spend more)- Estee Lauder Double wear foundation (lasts GOOD, colors to choose are good, and will NOT rub off..)

For very water proof in summer days (that won't melt whatsoever)--MakeupForever (for face and body -oil free, sweat, and water proof)

You can also sometimes use Sally Hanson Airbrushed legs for your face (just a little)...works like a charm for my legs and body as well) :)

The secret to good makeup is a primor, and good foundation...that way, even if you do use cheap eyeshawdow, blush, etc...your makeup will last because your foundation will stay as is and won't rub off ;)

If you have dry skin but still want a foundation to last without overdrying--use the same ones above, but with lotion or moisterizer underneath it.

I will also stress that Aloe Ve
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• bare minerals or mac
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I love Mary Kay foundation. It's only about $13 and stays on all day. It's the ONE thing I have remained consistent with as far as make up for 7 years now.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• MAC or Jane Iredale. Both are kinda spendy (IMO) but soooo worth it and last a long time!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I like Dior Sculpt as well as Bare Minerals. I use Bare Minerals for my everyday foundation and the Dior for when I go out at night. But what is it that you don't like about the foundations you've been using? Could be that you need to use a primer first if you aren't doing that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It took me 20 years to find a foundation I loved and it was discontinued shortly thereafter. For the next ten years, I tried EVERYTHING and EVERY BRAND. I just ran across the Pixi vitamin mineral veil at Target and while I don't absolutely love it, it is one of the better ones I've tried.
    Anonymous

• I have found that the problem with most foundations is that they are "oil-free" ... apparently I need the oil (my skin is a bit on the dry side). I have tried moisturizing before hand and it still didn't look or feel right; I have even tried primers and they didn't help at all. I finally found a version that is not oil-free and it was worse than the oil-free ones. It's a no-win situation; if I like the coverage, the color is wrong. If I like the color, the coverage is wrong. Good luck on your search.
    Anonymous

• Mary Kay Cosmetic has just come out with a new foundation for a flawless airbrush look. You can take a peak on my webiste. if you like a sample let me know. www.marykay.com/pstatewright1
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Awesome! Thank you ladies for the info/feedback!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011