Should parents who have caused a lot of wrecks...

Do you think parents who have been found to casue 4 or 5 wrecks should still be able to drive with children in the car or should there be some sort of limit? I know a woman who has caused 4 pretty bad accidents in the past year and I cannot believe she still has a license. Her 3 kids were in the car for 2 of them and the kids and her spent weeks in the hospital for this most recent wreck where she somehow swerved acorss the highway into oncoming traffic. The first wreck with the kids her son broke an arm andhis collarbone and her daugher had a concussion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• There's a woman here in my town who wrecked her car last month, killing her daughter. Mom had a record of priors. I do think a history should result in taking the keys away.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If she was sited for all of the accidents I don't think she should be driving at all!

Granted you want to keep her kids safe but what about all of the other people and their kids on the road?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I strongly believe that if you have a numerous amount of accidents or violations within a short period of time, your license should be revoked. It's not fair to the others on the road to be endangered by someone who is not capable of driving safely. That woman should not be driving anymore.

I feel very strongly about this because my MIL is this way. She swears that she is an excellent driver despite getting into an average of 2-3 accidents a year. She always asks to take my kids out to parties but I don't trust her driving. Every time I have gotten in the car with her, she'll run at least 2 red lights or jump a curb. We've talked to her about her dangerous driving, but she is overly confident in her skill. I'm afraid she might kill herself, or someone else. But there isn't much we can do. She's an adult & still has a valid license. It's hard to talk down an abrasive person.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011