Why am I getting such stong pregnancy/ovulation symptoms the last 4 months? adult content

I am 23, with a 1.5 & 3.5 year old. I've always had regular 7 day periods every 28 days on the dot. I have been done breast feeding for a year now. Soon as I stopped by period came back like normal. However, 4 months ago I thought I might be pregnant because I had really light spotting instead of a regular flow the first 3 days, but then it came really heavy with clotting. A few weeks after that, I was getting really strong symptoms, like hightened sense of smell, VERY tender ovaries, super moody, headaches, alot of discharge. I was really thrown off. But now I am going on month four of the same thing. I never knew when I ovulated before, why now?? Also, At my 6 week postpartum checkup for my 1 year old, I had a really tender stomach too, which she said was my ovaries. I also had a "sausage shape" lump that occasionally showed up, that was right below my right rib. She said the lump was something not related to reproductive organs.They had me go for an ultrasound of my pelvis, and said I had a bulky uterus that was pushing on my spleen and liver, but no explanation. I don't think it has anything to do with my new issues, but might possibly. Has anyone had similar issues?

elenalee

Asked by elenalee at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• wow i had all those symptoms increase sence of smell achy breast nausea fatigue moody and change in my period i did a vaginal ultra sound and all they said was i had an enlarge uterus and that from given birth i was and still is confused because the only time i had those symptoms was wen i was prego, from may up until dec i was having weird symptoms and each month another added to so many pt test and they were all neg. i dont have insurance now so i dont no what the cause was but keep me posted oh and they thought it was my thyroid whicg i got check 4 times and everytime it came back normal
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I hope these symptoms go away soon, because I'm getting tired of being moody 2 weeks out of the month! =)
    elenalee

Comment by elenalee (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Wow, it sounds llike you doctor is like a bunch of mine were! I don't know what is causing your problem & I'm not stating that you have what I did, but my best advice to you would be to see another gyno. Your symptoms are not normal and the lump up by your rib could be something, it might only show up at certain times though depending on the us tech, or your body. I've had multiple of ultra sounds, mri's, ct scans and x-rays where nothing would show up but when I would have surgery my doctor would find a softball size tumor. Cysts or tumors can be shifted in the body, which can cause it to play hide-n-seek! I hope I'm not scaring you, I'm sure it's nothing but there are tons of reasons you could be having these symptoms, and sadly most doctors are too lazy to discover whats causing it. So my suggestion is to always seek as many second opinions as possible until you find a doc that will investigate.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 11:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It is also suggested by good doctors that if a woman has symptoms for 5 days straight, then you need medical help to figure it out. So keep an eye on it and continue to bug your doc or another until they can give you a diagnose with a treatment plan. Good luck and feel free to msg me if you have more questions, sadly I'm a pro at pelvic or "female" probs.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 11:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thanks. I think I'm going to make an appt. with a new doc. I'm really good at putting things off, and thinking it's "nothing" though. =/
    elenalee

Comment by elenalee (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yeah they wanted me to get a mri to check for pitutary tumor but i can tbecause i dont have any insurance but some of the symotoms went away
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2011