Was it harder trying to get a baby sitter for two versus just the one?

My son is 5 years old and both sides of grandparents are willing to keep him anytime we ask. He actually stay at my parents alot. But i am expecting baby #2 and I just wonder if they are going to want to deal with having two kids. My in-laws are in their 60's and my parents are in their 50-60's. So they aren't the youngest of grandparents. We are just use to being able to get a sitter and wonder if that is going to change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• older people just get tired easily. it's much easier to deal with one instead of two. but they might surprise you.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My husband and I are in our 60's and it is not uncommon for us to keep all 4 of our oldest son's children. And we often watch our daughter's two boys who are 2 1/2 years and 5 months. We also keep combinations of the two families from time to time, and our younger son and his wife are expecting their first child this summer, and we plan to keep him as well. I will admit that I try not to keep all of them unless their granddaddy is home to help me, and yes, I am pretty tired when they go home, but we have a wonderful relationship with all the children and the grandchildren.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My parents will take all 5 of my kids - and they're 62! lol I never had a problem with them keeping 2, although I do try not to hand them all 5 because THAT can get to be handful. My inlaws keep my niece and nephew all the time for days at a time and they are almost 70. I don't leave mine with them overnight except on rare occasions because we live in the same town. But they would be willing to keep them overnight and my parents did keep them overnight this past weekend.

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011