Men's dress shirt collars need cleaning!

You know the browning stripes or other general stains that end up inside the collar?
What do I use to get it out? I'm not big on buying cleaning products, but it may be less expensive than sending the shirts to dry-cleaners and having them get 'm out.

Carrie131

Asked by Carrie131 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I sometimes use Shout to pre-treat the collars and cuffs. I also use the Oxy-Clean spray and if you can't wash them right away, the Spray'n Wash stain stick works pretty well, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I regularly stain stick his collars before washing. If one is worse than usual I use a little Wisk or Era on them. Either on of those do a great job on stains.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• thx ladies
    Carrie131

Comment by Carrie131 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• And one trick....apply it a few days before you launder the shirt to let the stain treater work.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011