Is it a scam? Has anyone used google check out?

I found a jeep for sale on craigslist for a great price. The seller told me they are in the military and that the army would send me the car as soon as I put money into the google check out account but I sounds weird to me. Has anyone used google checkout before? If so how does it work? Will my money be safe? They said we have 5 days to "test drive" the jeep before the money is taken out of the account...I dont know. Any advice would be great!! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sounds likea scam but i could be wrong!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 2:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• For something as big as a car I would go pick it up personally and if they won't "allow" you to do that- then I would steer clear. I know with Paypal if the seller doesn't send you what you ordered they will credit you back. I don't know if that works with Google check out though
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It is a scam. My husband best friend did this last year and promptly lost 5000 bucks. The only time the military ships vehicles is to and from overseas assignments. Do not fall for this.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Scam.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 2:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Do NOT do that. That is such a scam!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The Army will send you the car??uh SCAM dear run run!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• sounds like a scam
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't be concerned about Google Checkout, I'd be more concerned that that jeep is likely a ripoff. Something just sounds fishy to me and my advice would be.. if you have to ask if it sounds like a scam, it likely IS a scam. Trust your instincts and save your money.
    Lev8mysoul

Answer by Lev8mysoul at 1:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Google Checkout is not a scam. It works the same way as PayPal does. It's the car ad that's the scam. There are several red flags there based on just what you've told us.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2011