Mom's at school

I am not there yet. But, have you had any problems or issues with Mom's at schools? I have heard some stories like rude Mother's, show offs etc.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Had a problem with a teacher,seems she would have certain kids (mine) rub her feet for candy during class.I had to find out the hard way from another mother.Well yes i had a few words with her ,found out my daughter was her favorite to rub her feet for candy.She would also spit at the kids during outside reading time to mark the barriers the children could not go.Yes i had many words with this woman.They almost had to hold me back.would not even let her wash her hands,called my daughter her stupid(in special class) little foot rubber.I nearly torn her a new one.All the nerve ,my dd was in the 2nd grade.I don't know how i made it through some of those years.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No I really havent had any problems recently. When my kids were younger we did have some that were kinda off their rocker but I ignored them. When my oldest was in Kindergarten I was only 22 and the moms then would give me dirty looks and I guess it was because I was alot younger then some of them. But here in this small town we have been fine and there is little drama.

Answer by gemgem at 2:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I haven't had any issues. Some of my closest friends are other mom's I've met at my kids school(s).

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Depends on the town the school is in...the first school my kids went to parents had kids later in life and I did not so I was looked down on or mistaken as the "nanny".....yeah that was tough to be in my 20's and a mom of 3 and struggling to get respect.

Now this time around I am in a school system where all the parents are young and I'm the older one because I started over and the other moms are fine with it and it is weird because some of those moms have moms around my age.
    Bottom line is it depends on the school district and the richer it is the more snooty and judgmental the other moms will probably be
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've never had an issue, but we live in a very small town and most everyone knows everyone else. I imagine it might make a difference where you live and the social dynamic in the area.
    Issues with Teachers on the hand....well that I have had to deal with.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• OMG grismelda this story disgusted me IDK what I would of done, some teacher, wow......sick person she is.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011