Is it that he is just trying to get my attention.

Ok I was recently dating this guy for about 2 years until a couple of days ago. Now he is posting things as his current status such as he see why people commit suicide, and hes hurting bad emotionally, hes depressed without me, hes tired of living. Im wondering if he is doing this to get my attention, or is it true. The relationship was not a bad one at all its just that I was not happy anymore. My conscience is bothering me about not talking to him because I know he has PTSD. Anyways should I try to talk to him or should I just not say anything else to him and if he wants to talk let him call me first?

missthang42001

Asked by missthang42001 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldnt talk to him because you might make it worse. Either he is 1) banking on you calling him and maybe not really as depressed as he is letting on, or 2) he is depressed and talking to him is going to make it worse because he wont move on as quickly.

Remember, the best break is a clean break. Do it quickly and swiftly and dont look back.

Answer by gemgem at 2:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Report his threats to authorities. Or to his friends and family. You cannot help him, but hopefully they can.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Don't lead him on by talking to him. He will think there is a chance of you getting back together. I'd just move on and like the PP said, not look back!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Think of it like pulling off a band-aid- you can do it slowly and drag out the inevitable, or you can do it quickly and forget about it. I vote for the second option.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If you two have a mutual friend, I would make that person aware of what he is saying. If he means the things he is saying, he needs someone on whom he can depend and who will keep an eye on him for a while. I once called 911 because I was talking to a friend on the phone and she was talking like this. She suddenly hung up on me in the middle of the conversation and then wouldn't answer the phone when I tried to call her back. So I called 911 and the police showed up at her door and threatened to knock it down. She told them she didn't mean what she was saying, but how was I supposed to know that? All threats of suicide should be taken seriously, I think, so I would just make sure someone else knew he was saying such things.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011