Does your face look better or worse?

My face usually doesn't break out but in this pregnancy, it has. How yours? And do you know if you are having a boy or girl? Everyone says it must be a girl because of the extra hormones is what makes you break out. i love these old wive tales!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never paid much attention to them, because there is zero evidence behind them.

Anyway, =), my face actually broke out horribly with my 3rd child which was a girl, unlike the previous two (boy and a girl).
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My face did ok when I was pregnant but the back acne was horrible!!! It cleared up after pregnancy for the most part but I still get a back zit every now and then. Oh, and I had a girl so it keeps with your old wives' tale.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• it's the same it was last time. the only thing that is different from my last one is that my skin burns and itches a lot. first was a boy, this one is suppose to be a girl.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My face was breaking out when I was wearing makeup daily, then I stopped and haven't gotten a pimple since. I'm having a boy.

When I was pregnant with my girls, nothing stopped the breakouts. Coincidence? Who knows, but I had awful skin with them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• LOL! I was just thinking about that last night. When I was pregnant with my Son I looked GREAT!! My face was clear. my hair was nice & I looked like I glowed! Now I am pregnant with a girl & I have pimples that I haven't had since I was 13, My hair is wirey & I look Sooooo Tired all the time! I was thinking about that old wives tale "When you are pregnant with a girl, she takes away your beauty during the pregnancy!" That's OK though, she's worth it :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I never had that symptom, but had many others. I've seen other people have acne problems while they were pregnant.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My skin broke out badly when I was pregnant with my first child (a boy). It broke out a little with my second child (a boy). Didn't really get break outs with my third child (a girl). It may just be the way my skin works the older I get though, I don't know.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When i was pregnant, my skin was flawless... And i had a girl.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm 35.2 weeks, having a girl, and breaking out. OH and my face is incredibly puffy. Goes along with the old wives' tale lol.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have never really had problems with my face breaking out, but with my pregnancy, it has been a ton worse. . . I am having a girl.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 6:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011