WHEN PERSONS GIVE YOU THEIR WORD AND YOU FIND OUT THEY BROKE IT.....

bad

WHEN PERSONS GIVE YOU THEIR WORD AND YOU FIND OUT THEY BROKE IT...... When grown ups agree, friends, associates, working buds, to stick together and do not follow through on their part of the agreement, I don't know about you, but it just breaks my heart? I feel like I'm in grade school. Disappointing when their word doesn't hold up to what was agreed. And when I call them on it, they blunder ridiculous excuses which makes them so LAME! To make it worst, they attempt to make light of it, "Are you mad?" OH PLEASE!!!! I just don't get it? What are your thoughts? thanks, csjoy1

tsk tsk 

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I would know for the next time that you can count on that persons word, live and learn....

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I make a priority of doing what I say I will.  We're not in grade school anymore, if you don't want to do something, say it.  But don't agree to it and then back out later on.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• For me it depends on what it was that they didnt do, why they didn't and what the result of that was.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sadly that's life. You always need to have a contingency plan because people don't always keep their word.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yeah that is sad but i just know that next time i wont trust that person
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• thank youTHANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU....AND YOUR COMMENTS ADDED INSIGHT...ESPECIALLY TO HAVE A PLAN B READY. I'M JUST TOO TRUSTING AND SO IT IS LIFE....csjoy1

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• How can I trust a person again if they break their word?
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• In my opinion if you give your word on something you should make every effort that you can to follow thru on what you 'promised' to do. If you cannot keep your word, then you must speak to that person asap and let them know there are circumstances that prevent you from following thru, appoligize to them and hope they give you another chance in the future.
    If someone breaks their word to me-- (depending on situation and excuse) I do get upset or feel 'let down' and I also remember that for future use, that X is not someone to trust or depend on. I also remember that if X wants me to do something for them....
    If I know that X is like that I do have a 'back up plan' (or go to person) just in case... that way X does not put me in a bind.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• sorry but when people you gave your word too are not even who you thought they were, when they are completely phony? and part of a mass LIE , i do not see how someone is honor bound to uphold any further promised. there is such a thing as healthy boundaries where you do not allow people to keep ATTACKING YOU VICTIMING YOU AND LYING ABOUT YOU. AND I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. IF ONE PERSON HAD BEEN HONEST WTIH ME. ONE PERSON, THAT WAS ALL I WAS ASKING.
    m3rryweather

Answer by m3rryweather at 7:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011