SAHM's (vent)

Any other SAHM's feel unappreciated sometimes? All my kids are in school. I try to get the cleaning, laundry and some of dinner prepping before they get home. I want to get a part time job during school hours. Dh doesn't want me to. I guess he's afraid he might have to help out a little bit. I just feel like a maid sometimes instead of a parent or spouse. Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not a SAHM, but my mother was... and we didn't appreciate her for it. You're in no way alone here!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• if you really want to go to work empower yourself to do so....if you keep waiting it may be harder to actually do it
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 2:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've felt that way from time to time. Find out if your childrens school is looking for yard duties, library help, cafeteria help. I know several Moms that took jobs at the school to have the same hours basically, as the kids.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have never felt this way because hubby has always done half of the household chores since the beginning, but I can understand why you feel this way, this is where some mommies loose their identities altogether, hang on mom, it will get better.

Answer by older at 2:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• SomedAYS, MOST DEFINATELY! I go on a rampage and things change real fast temperarily. there's pros and cons to SAHM. I like not having to worry about sitter crisises, etc.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 2:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thanks alot ladies!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I feel like that most of the time. Unfortunately my kids are too young to be in school yet so a part time job during the day is out of the question. I've been looking for an evening or weekend job but so far no luck. If my kids were already in school, I'd be working part time even if it were cleaning or checking at a groeery store.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• oops *grocery store*
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I tell him all the time how I appreciate him. Sometimes, I just want to keep it to myself sometimes because I never get it in return. I know that sounds childish, but thats how I feel alot.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I feel like that sometimes, but I must say my hubby is very good. He will help around the house if he sees that im getting overwhelmed. How you feel is very normal.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011