how many people did their water break?

i want to know if your water broke because i have heard that more often alot of people the doctor has to break their water and does your cervix have to be opened in order for your water to break and what causes your water to break?

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 1:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• mine broke but i have no idea when .. they went to break mine and they said its not there lol so i have no idea when it broke
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my water broke on its own during a contration
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• did it break while you were in labor?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• mine broke at 7am. I felt a POP and I rushed to the toilet. Then, I was on the pot going #2 for about 15 min. About 20 min after that, I had my first contraction.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I was laying in bed, about to fall asleep, when my water broke. I as just told my husband that the baby was kicking me, then I felt little hands moving down low, and then a little *snap*. A small gush of liquid came out, I thought baby had just hit my bladder or something, and then it just flowed like crazy!

This happened at 2:50 Monday morning. My cervix was only measuring 1 cm at 5pm the Friday before, and I was at four when we got to the hospital at 4 am.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i was laying in bed after waking up from the sleeping pill L&D gave me...i had a pad on from some spotting earllier that morning, and i felt a gush come out. the first thing i thought was "OMG i'm bleeding! so i jumped out of bed and rushed to the toiliet (Thank God i had a pad on cuz i made it to the toilet in time.) but omg, you have alot of water! i kept squirting out gushes of water, so i kept a pad on until i made it to the hospital (which is thankfully across the street) and it just coming and coming. i finally asked the nurse if that was normal and she said yeah, that will keep happening until after i had the baby. that was with my DD. with my DS, i didn't even have a contraction, let alone my water break. oh, i was only 3cm dialated when it happened, and 80% effaced. so, no your curvix doesn't have to be all the way open. it will happen when it happens.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Mine never broke. The doctor tried to break it but my bag was too high up for that stick thing. Then I had a c-section, so they broke it after they cut me open.
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 1:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• thank you i didnt know.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My water broke at home for all 3 pregnancies. I do not know what caused.. Each time I thought I peed my pants
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• im sorry did you have any thing under you when it happened doesnt is stain?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 2:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2008