Can you list five reasons you love being a working mom?

Let's hear some apprectation for being a mom!

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 2:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wish I did not have to work,but it allows us to be able to afford things we could not get when i stayed at home.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I like the money and I like the interaction with adults. But I would not work if I didn't have to financially. I hate it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I work at home so I enjoy flexible hours, complete control of it at the same time as I look after my family. I love working, it gives me something to focus on when I'm going out of my mind.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 3:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I love my job, the money, interacting with people outside my family, and helping others
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 3:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 1. My kids are learning that work comes before play, responsibilities must be taken seriously, working hard does pay, and you have to prioritize and manage your time wisely.
    2. We can afford all of the necessities and a lot of extras.
    3. I'm a better mom when I've had a break from my kids than when I spend every minute with them.
    4. My husband appreciates all that I do and tries to help out with chores and children.
    5. I feel respected at home and at work.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Back when I did work and was a single parent I liked working just because

I got out and was around people
    It made for more of a routine
    I stayed busy and time never allowed for laziness
    my own paycheck

I can only think of 4 things,lol
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 1.) My children are getting a valuable education from qualified teachers.
    2.) I can provide my children with more than just a provencial existence.
    3.) I am contributing to my family financially rather than letting my husband bear that entire burden alone.
    4.) Every minute with my kids is a "quality" one because I make the most of every second we are together.
    5.) I have a fulfilling job where I give back to other people.
    6.) I'm allowing my husband the ability to pursue his education (in addition to working full-time) so that he can get into the field that will be rewarding for him.
    7. ) I'm teaching my children that hard work really pays off. They are learning the marriage is a team effort and mama can bring in a paycheck and daddy can do the laundry and it still works.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 1) My children are getting an education and socialization with friends they look forward to seeing every day.
    2) We have food to eat and a roof over our heads.
    3) We have health insurance.
    4) I get interaction with adults in a job that is ensuring that poor people are provided with one of their basic constitutional rights.
    5) My husband is not stressed about finances all the time because I am willing to help out.
    6) My children are learning that there are things in life that we may not want to do, but we can do them with a smile because we have to.
    7) My children are learning that both mommy and daddy are capable of doing laundry, cleaning house, cooking dinner, playing with them, taking them to the doctor, etc.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In no particular order...

1) The money that allows us to afford the things we need
    2) The "Mommy's home!!!" reaction when I walk in the door :) (<< This is without question the best)
    3) My job (seriously...love my job, and would do it for free if I could afford to)
    4) Adult interaction
    5) My kids have more of a relationship with their grandmother (who watches them during the day)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 1) I get out of the house, I've met my best friends at my job.
    2) I'm a divorced parent. So I'm glad I had my job to begin w/ and was able to be stable w/o a signifigant other.
    3) My daughter is learning that women can be successful
    4) We're able to have money for things and need AND some of the things we want
    5) My job is rewarding, I like knowing I'm helping ppl.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011