Insurance

Does anyone know how long im covered under the medicaid program after my kid is born? Ive read 2 months but that dosent sound right, i thought it was a year or two?

augboy11

Asked by augboy11 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• Here in Georgia it's 2 months. Not sure if it's different for different places though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Talk to your caseworker...that is if you can get a hold of him/her. I have been trying to reach mine to change my address for 2 weeks!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Here in VA, when I had my daughter, it was 8 weeks (literally to the day) after I had her. I've never heard of it covering for longer unless there was a serious complication, and even then it was a pain in the butt for her to get them to extend it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In PA it is 8 weeks and that is only so that you can get your aftercare from delivery.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In Pa it is 8 weeks but they also have a program for women that automatically kicks in as well after that 8 weeks. It just covers pap smears, birth control, that type of stuff. But you have to ask about it. They never told me that it automatically kicked in until after I applied for it (5 months after my dd was born, here I had it all along)
    Anonymous

• I could be wrong now that I'm reading these answers but I always thought here in CA you were still automatically covered as long as your child is covered as well.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011