Whats the best time to potty train my 2 year old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I read the Potty Training for Dummies book before I started with my first daughter. It was good. But I would say start as soon as you want but the key is being consistent! I loved the think, lined, undies. Those we're great!
    csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 3:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree with the above answer it takes effort and consistency. It's a muscle control thing and awareness issue so if your toddler has a bm the same time every day or a pretty regular schedule and doesnt have them at night thats a sign they are ready. Also if they wake dry from naps and make funny faces and hide when they go it means they are already pretty aware of whats happening and they are ready. Good luck.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 3:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In a more general sense, yes start potty training when your child is obviously aware of their bowel and bladder voiding and are uncomfortable with using a diaper for it. I'd say the longer you put it off, the easier it will be. Rushing a kid who is not really truly ready will result in hours of frustration and lots of unnecessary stress in your life and your relationship with your little one.

In a more immediate sense, only suggest the potty when you have the time and patience to sit there and wait for ages. Take a book or smoething to do so you're not rushing him/her.

I'm currently working on training my 6th child. With the first, I was in too much of a hurry, I listened to my mother who thought my life would be easier if I got him out of diapers asap, but it wasn't easy; it was frustrating. He was too young.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My daughter and I went through hell getting her potty trained.. because i had several different jobs, and what not and then daycares had to change and etc.. so it was a NIGHT MARE.. I think we finally have her trained.. she was a pain because she knew that when she had a pull up or diaper on she didnt have to go potty in the toilet. With her if she is in underwear she stays trained if she goes in a pull up she just goes in it.. lol
    Consistancy is the key <3 good luck!
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011