Are people really this stupid? -child's safety in danger! adult content

Ok so my friend recently split from her ex. They have a 10 month old son together. He is a violent drug addict who just this past weekend tried to SUFFOCATE her and yesterday BEAT her. Who knows what the hell he would do to the baby!

Well the child was at his grandmother's for safety's sake for a few days. Today my friend calls her mom and demands to get her son back. She says she wants her ABUSIVE ex to see the baby before he goes to jail. Um, SERIOUSLY??? Why the hell would you put your damn child in danger like that? He could beat the baby too! She keeps saying that she can't keep Kayden (the baby) from his dad because his dad wants to see him. HOW FUCKING DUMB ARE YOU??? The dad smokes weed, and that ALONE will keep him from the baby. But add that to the recent beatings, the OLD beatings, the death threats, the attemptedd suffocation, MULTIPLE counts of assault and everything else, the dad has NO chance of getting him back.

Ok noe enter my friend's mom. "Oh she said she wanted him back." me- Kayden is in DANGER. "I can't keep him from Ashley. I don't want to hurt her" ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT FUCKING DUMB????? She can file for temporary custody EASILY because Ashley is not acting in Kayden's best interest and she is INTENTIONALLY putting him in harm's way, without regard to his safety. "Oh but Ashley would be sad" Excuse me? Are you saying that you would rather Ashley be happy then Kayden be safe? "But she wouldn't be able to see him for a while" Again, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SAYING THIS? Hell if it were me, and I had to not see my son for a YEAR in order to keep him safe and out of harm's way, I would not hesitate. My child's LIFE is not worth the damn risk. I would go to the ends of the god damn EARTH to keep my son safe.

Her mom is worried that if the dad takes Kayden then his mom will get custody. Are you really worried about that tiny thing when Kayden could be KILLED because his dad is so violent? Besides, the order of custody goes mother, father, maternal grandmother, paternal grandmother, and so on. She comes before the other grandmother.

Sorry for the vent- but it's people like this that need to take some damn tests or whatever before they have kids. Kayden is NOT safe. I even offered for her mom to keep Kayden here until shit settles because neither Ashley nor her ex know where I live.

Question: Where can I find a website that has the law which states the order of custody? I have tried different searches and there is so much to read through. Also, what else can I do in this situation? I am lost because it seems that I am the only one fighting for this kid's safety and I am not even related.

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• WOW!!!!

im in total shock right now....im so proud of you for sticking up for this baby.....the father sounds like a jerk off and should be in jail or dead!!! thats just my opinion.....keep fighting for this childs safety.....

DO NOT GIVE UP,THAT CHILD NEEDS THE SUPPORT!!!!         clapping

SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• SHould be reported to CPS immediately -- 1-800-252-5400
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• People seem to always wonder if they are over reacting, and in this case they seem to be under reacting. If cps is involved I would call the case worker and get some form of injunction to stop visits. If they arent, then you should pick up the phone and report what is going on. DV when a child is involved is grounds for removing a child from both parents until they straighten up. Obviously mom needs some form of counseling so she can see this is not a healthy way of life for her or her child. She may be suffering from emotional and mental abuse and might think he is the best she can do. She needs intervention.

Answer by gemgem at 3:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm sorry. I agree with you. I can't stand to see people putting children in danger intentionally!!! I realize they probably don't go off saying, "I think I'll put Baby in harm's way today" but when they don't make efforts to PREVENT harm where harm is a glaring possibility, then they are intentionally putting their children at risk!!! Like your friend. Or like people who refuse to use car seats or use them appropriately...Get a clue!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• if they were never married then the guy needs to get a court order to get any rights ... without the court order he is just a sperm donor he has zero rights. It is good there is at least one person concerned and that is you. Do not give up on the situation that baby needs someone on his side
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I am on the phone with the child abuse hotline right now. They also deal with child endangerment because that is exactly what this situation is. Thanks for the help guys. Any ideas on how to cope with all this? I just watched the story of Baby P which is what prompted me to ask this question and take action.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thank you SMALLfry05! I called for him yesterday and they said they were gonna make a surprise visit this morning.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011