Do you consider yourself religious...

and if so is there ANY room for humor in your life???

I have seen SO many response to religious question and it seems as if the responders have zero sense of humor.  Such GREAT offense is taken to so many of the questions instead of finding the humor in them, the joy in a healthy debate, or at least being kind.

human laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds (though you cant hear that on line of course)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am religious and I have a sense of humor. I think it's difficult for people when they feel as if others are making light of very deep faith and sort of defiling it with unworthy jokes and comments. Just a thought...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• One of the creation stories in my religion starts with "When She (the Goddess) laughed everything was born".

I think laughter is the best thing when things get serious. I also strongly believe that you need to question your beliefs constantly to make sure you still believe them.

People take themselves too seriously and it's pretty annoying.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm a Christian. I do attend a church of a certain faith, but what's most important is my relationship with God. And, I have a great sense of humor, love nothing more than to laugh and have fun. However, no one likes to have their faith or beliefs trashed, or made fun of, and I'm sure that includes you, anon OP. If God didn't intend for us to enjoy ourselves and laugh, He would not have given us the ability to laugh, or senses of humor. He doesn't however, expect us to be mean with that sense of humor, make fun of other's beliefs, or anything else about them that is different from our own beliefs.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i worship the all mighty ape
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• no, i'm not religious at all. i've tried different things..and people who think their religion is "the only way" really get on my nerves.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't really consider myself 'religious', but I am spiritual and philosophical. I think humor is very important, and there are several regular posters on here who crack me up all the time. Without typing a whole bunch, I'll just share a question I posted a while back related to the role humor plays (if any) in religions.

What role if any does humor play in your religion, philosophy, or spiritual beliefs?
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• What a great question! Thanks.
    I consider myself religious is a way, but I don't belong to a certain believe.
    As far as for the humor: I always figured god had a great sense of humor. I mean, look at us!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My faith is the most important part of my life, but I would say I'm spiritual rather than religious, as I reject a lot of orthodoxy/dogma. I feel like I'm pretty sensible, though, when it comes to being able to take a joke and all...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Spiritual yes. Religious, probably not. But there is always room for humor.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Spiritual not religious.

And my humor is intact! LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011