40 weeks pregnant

Ok my due date is tomorrow and i have been experiencing very few signs of labor i was having some contractions last night but nothing to go in about..I just moved and every doctor i have called has told me that they will not be able to see me i will just have to go in through emergancy room when i go into labor..My question is if nothing happens when should i go in i mean i cant stay pregnant forever and with my first i had to be induced any advice???

sabrinaford0911

Asked by sabrinaford0911 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• technically you are not considered overdue until you are 1 week past your due date. keep an eye on things. I would go tomorrow and have them check you out and see what they say.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would go in and get checked out and let them know that you don't have a Dr. an I'm concerned.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would wait a week, I know you dont want to stay prego forever and if your water hasn't broken or no constint contractions I would wait till the end of the week, then go in and say I am 41 weeks and maybe they will enduce you. :)
    CamoCutie88

Answer by CamoCutie88 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• you won't stay pregnant forever : )
    42 weeks is still considered full term, and not late.
    i wouldn't even suggest inducing unless someone's life were at stake.
    i wish you the best of luck! try to give your first child tons of love and attention until you go into labor. take advantage of the peace.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 37 weeks is full term...past 40 is late
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If this is your first baby then you can expect to go pat your due date. (The average is 41 weeks, 1 day)

No reason to induce if you & baby are doing well.

Have you contacted midwives, too?
    Considered a birth doula?
    This opens up your options, decreases risks, offers a different sort of an experience~

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You aren't "over due" until you pass the 42 week mark. (42 weeks 1 day is technically "over due") I would be wanting the Non-stress tests on the baby just to make sure the baby is still doing well. It seems insane that NO doctor will accept you as a patient. I'd go ahead and go into L&D, they can do a NST there, if there is no doctor or midwife willing to accept you as a late transfer. Otherwise, you might be able to call you local health department and get ideas about how to finish up your prenatal care.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When your'e pregnant, at my hospital at least, for ANYTHING they automatically send you to L&D. And you don't have to wait. Maybe you can give the L&D department a call?
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i have heard some doctors letting women go 2 weeks past the due date until and induction
    do lots of walking, castor oil, have sex, .....
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well i have been walking and i tried the castor oil it didnt do much and well sex is out of the question since my fiance is not able to be here at the moment
    sabrinaford0911

Comment by sabrinaford0911 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011