Martial Law

Hypothetical question: If Bush cancelled the 2008 election and went to war with Iran, and instituted martial law in the U.S. What would you do? How would you feel? Would you rise up or stay quiet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh I would rise up! I do NOT want Bush in office any longer. And cancelling the election would be ludicrious! Not to mention that it would prove a lot of people right who said that Bush was going to become a dictator (some even predicted that he would become the next Hitler).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• You know, lots of people say the 2nd Amendment is out-dated. That we don't need to hunt and we have a police forces to protect us. THIS is why the founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment - an armed population is a free population and it always has the choice to overthrow an oppresive government.

Besides - the Supreme Court ruled several years ago that the police do not have a Constitutional duty to protect someone, the police are there to catch the bad guys AFTER a crime has been committed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• i would not like martial law at all,, we would be somewhat like prisoners
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 6:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The problem, Kaycee, is that many who love to site the 2nd in defense of gun ownership do NOT possess that spirit of dissent cherished by our Founders when it comes to this clusterfuck of an administration. Many are sheep who would say "Well, he wouldn't have declared martial law unless he had a good reason"
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I think it'd be fine. I'm not worried wheather he did or not.. The next HITLER?!?!?! Oh my....
    shaye

Answer by shaye at 4:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2008