If you have a sinus infection, do they give you meds for it or is just something you wait it out on??

Also, does a fever usually come with it? I think our son 3, might have one but I don't want to pay for them to tell me he's fine.. I have a call in to the nurse but thought I'd ask since I'm waiting..:)

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• A doctor will prescribe antibiotics. I usually take the prescription and just hold onto it and try to let the infection run its course with the help of some natural "medicines." It usually clears up inside of a week, but if mine were to get worse or not start to get better within 7 -10 days then I would get the scrip filled.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• if it's a sinus infection, they will give antibiotics.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Fever does go along with them. And, usually prescription meds have to be given, since it is an infection. Hope your little one gets better soon. I know how bad it is when little ones are sick. Bless his little heart.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Any type of infection is usually treated with antibiotics. And yes, a fever is common with infection.
    Anonymous