Does anyone know how long it takes for me to recieve my ex hubbys tax return since he owes me back childsupport?

kmouser

Asked by kmouser at 3:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• They will only take his return if hes not paying at all...if hes making regular payments then your arrears has a payment included in that. if they are taking his taxes you have to wait till he files them which will probably be as late as possible since your getting the money then a few weeks after that... I wouldnt start getting excited until the end of April.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• he filled middle of jan. he done the 7- 10 day return and it was flagged.
    kmouser

Comment by kmouser (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I wouldnt expect it too take that long maybe call your child support office and find out if they got it yet....or the irs to see if theyll tell you if its still pending or being paid out. unfortunatly its not your return so the irs might not tell you anything but i wouls try just the same. GL :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Depends on the state. My state's CSEA says it can take up to 6 months to get the money.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It could take a long time especially if he appeals it. If he is married then you won't get the whole thing is the wife files an injured spouse form.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• see im curious about this as well........my sons father is hiding from the police and has warrants on him,i filed for child support,and i will also be filing for divorse as soon as i can......but no one knows where he is,the cops are looking for him,the CSEA is looking for him,and he has been working but hes working under the table so no one can find him....i know how much he loves money,i know exactly what he will do with alot of he tax return money too!!! he will go get drugs....thats all he cares about.....thats part of the reason why we are not together.....he tried to take my son from me,and i refuse to let that happen.....thats why my son is staying with me!!! but good luck mama
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011