Is it possible for a period to last a whole month? adult content

I was wondering that because my last period lasted 2 weeks which sucked.

ja2010

Asked by ja2010 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• My first period lasted that long, and so did my first period ofter giving birth. Other than that I've never had it happen.
    Anonymous

• It's possible for it to go even longer than a month. My record is 54 days.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• omg
    ja2010

Comment by ja2010 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yup. Happened to me last month.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Are you on the pill? After I had my son and went off the mini-pill and back onto a regular pill, I went onto the pill I was on in high school. I had no issues with it the first time I was on it, but when I went back on, I hated it. I would get my period for up to 3 weeks at a time - it was hell. I switched to a new pill and I haven't had the same problem since.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my sister finally got the all clear to work out again. she had her period for 4 months and her doc could not figure out what was causing it but didn't want her doing too much. she's not pp either. her youngest is 11 and she can't have anymore kids. my best friend whos 21 and never been pg had hers for 3 weeks recently cause of her bc
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When I had my fibroids, my periods kept getting longer and longer until one month it never finished.  I bled for 76 days and the only reason I stopped was because my doctor removed my uterus.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Me, my mother, my 2 aunts & my grandmother all have PCOS (poly cysyic ovarian syndrome) I personally, havent had my period in over 2 years (Most people say 'lucky!', but it actually sucks, cause I cant have anymore children on my own) But my mom is complete opposite, she gets her cycles and they can last for months & months. Same with my aunts & grandmother, they have irregular cycles, its just one of the many symptoms of PCOS, which suck lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I am on the shot.
    ja2010

Comment by ja2010 (original poster) at 4:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That explains so much. Being on Depo is where all my troubles started. I have PCOS like Jessica and her family members. I am absolutely convinced that it either caused or exacerbated the PCOS.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2011