Just my luck (what would you do?)

I got the day off and went to the park my DD was playing with some other little girl and the mom came and sat next to me we where in a little chit-chat when she call her daughter "princess" come here for your juice, I said Aww she is your little princess huh? She said Oh no! that is her name I change the subject (fine by me is her DD) the awkward part was that a teen came with her puppy and the girls came to see it and my daughter asked Cute! what his name? she said its not a he is a she, her name is princess !! I saw the mom's face turn white and I just remember that I had to go to the store. I went to my daughters uncle house and 10 min later my ex went to look for me there I was telling what happened on the park to his brother's wife and we started to laugh then he just left I ask her what is wrong with him? (besides what is usual) she told me laughing the middle name of the girl he had with his new gf is princess!! would you apologize about laughing about the name? I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, but I wouldn't feel bad about it. it's my personal opinion that you can name your child whatever you'd like, but if you choose something ridiculous, you can't be mad when other people (unknowingly) joke about it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I guess I would say I was sorry, but I'd probably still be laughing while I said it. LOL!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't apologize...you told a Funny story and how could you know that her middle name would be Princess??!
    Hahaha!
    I still find it funny!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No. You did not know.

Answer by louise2 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I wish people would realize how important names are!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I know someone who named their children Bud and Moon, and their last name is Light. People name their children weird names.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yeah me too but I think that just made it worse because he told me the entire name and then I lost it I almost pee,but honestly who in a sane state of mind names a girl Diane Princess?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes I would have apologized.  But the REASON for my apology would be different.  It's funny, I wouldn't apologize for laughing.  I would apologize at telling on myself, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I mean I would but I would add that at least I was honest and not whispering beg=hind backs about it ya know. But I think that if you are going to use names like that you cant be so sensitive about it. My friends little girl's name is Lovely and I love it and it fits her but some people think its a funny name but she dont care and neither does her mom they like it and thats what matters.
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would be laughing
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2011