End of second trimester visit and I'm anemic.

Well THAT would explain why I have been so friggin tired and haven't been able to concentrate on squat!

I eat my share of red meat and dark leafy greens, though. I really don't want to take iron supplements because they make you constipated and well....I have enough of that now.

My midwife recommended this stuff called Floradix- Has anyone tried it? Its supposed to be a seaweed and herbal drink that doesn't make you constipated but increases your iron.

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 4:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope but here's a bump for you!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 4:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I took iron tablets and they never made me constipated and I'm very prone to constipation. They just made my poo slightly darker if I remember correctly. So I'd consider them if the drink you're going to try doesn't work.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• liver consomme! ((shudder)) place fresh liver, garlic, tomatoes, green peppers and onions in a glass jar, set it on a pot filled with water about halfway and let it cook until all the contents of the jar have turned to soup. some people actually consider it tasty!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 4:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm anemic too. I take iron pills and don't seem to have a problem. Never tried Floradix but I bumped for you!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm anemic even when not pregnant so when I am, mine gets dangerously low no matter what I eat. I have to take iron supplements, but have never had an issue with constipation - if anything, for me it's the opposite. But I've never heard of the other thing.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Take a SLOW release Iron supplement, like Slow Fe or Slow Iron. They're less constipating because they take awhile to absorb into your system. I take a pill every other day, and all is well with my tract!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011