Home remedies for kids when seasick? How to make travel sick kids comfortable?

We're travelling over to Ireland for a couple of days to visit my family and although we've been back and forth many times over the years I've never been by boat while I've had my violently travel sick 3 yr old. She's been a number of times but only by plane which she seems to better with. The boats don't tend to be too rocky at all but even the slightest movement sets her off. Does anyone know of any home remedies? We've tried the tablets and they don't work. I just want to make this journey comfortable for her. Does anyone have any ideas?

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 4:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Try Sea Bands.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sea bands. You can get them a walmart and other places. They work off of pressure points in the forearm and are great at controlling seasickness and also first trimester nausea. The are a hard hemisphere of plastic attached to a sweat band type thing that you wear about half way up your forearm, plastic on the inside.

http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have suffered from motion sickness my entire life, I'm 44.... I swear by Dramamine... olives also have a natural chemical in them to stop nausea, too.... The seaband never worked for me, or my dad ~ who even tried the patch on a cruise... had to get a shot to stop the nausea... All I can say is good luck!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011