How do I teach my two year old to drink out of a straw? She knew how to when she was 9 months old but now that she has all her teeth she just wants to chew on the straw instead.

acruz86

Asked by acruz86 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe get one of those hard straws so if she bites the straw it won't collapse.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If she chews on it, don't give her the straw. Is she capable of just drinking from a cup?
    Anonymous

• Ya she can drink from a cup sometimes not all the time she likes to dump whatever is in the cup out. I mean when we go out to eat they give us a kids cup with a straw in it.
    acruz86

Comment by acruz86 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Stick the straw in the drink, then put your finger over the opening of it to "trap" the drink in the straw. Then put the other end in your child's mouth and take your finger off. The drink will go into her mouth and she will get the idea pretty quick.

Answer by missanc at 7:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011