Know any cute way to explain to your child he was born through cesarean?

I really want to have that magical story to tell my son about the day he was born but I dont know how to explain the whole c sention issue or my scar. Any of you other mommas have any inspiring tips?

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 4:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• i showed my son my scar. i told him anytime i look at that it reminds me of the special day he was born.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son is a bit older (he's 10 right now) and when I told him his birth story, I said (with a wink so he knew I was joking) that he was so stubborn that the doctor had to go in and get him. I did explain the real medical reason (he wasn't doing too well through my contractions), but the initial look on his face was priceless.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have 8 year old twin boys that are from an egg donor. I had them by c-section. I am very honest with them, some say too honest. I'm a very open person and I want to slowly open my kids up to things when they are little so there are no surprises when they get older. They know there was a special woman who gave me her eggs so I could carry them in my belly. I've showed them their ultrasound pictures and their 5 day old embryos. They don't have a concept of how babies are made, so they just go with what you tell them. I don't think there is a cute way of telling you had a c-section. I think it's all timing and tone of voice. Kids understand surgery; they don't understand vaginal delivery. So actually, it's a lot easier to tell them you had a c-section. Start with all the cutesy stuff about them being in your belly and end with how happy you were when you first saw them. Mention the c-section in the middle. It will be fine!
    caseypixie

Answer by caseypixie at 4:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think it's great that I can tell my daughter that she actually came from my belly haha :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would never want to know this and could never imagine hearing something like that from my mother.
    Anonymous

• How old is your son?

I don't see a reason to delve into any potentially 'scary' risk related reasons behind a c-section. Just tell your story and mention that the doctor helped him out of your belly leaving you with a little mark to always remind you how your special boy was once apart of you. Or something like that. ;) You'll figure it out.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 5:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree with shay. I have said something similar to my sons, but did not discuss it until they were old enough to understand it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I told my son I had a cesarean section because he had big ears like his dad.

Worked for me.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my son was born natural so i dont know how to help you........
    but i can try!!!
    first off how old is the little one? if he is old enough to understand a good bit of it then thats great....my son is 4 years old (almost 5) and he understands alot more than i think he does lol.....but anyways,sit him down and ask him if he wants to hear an awesome story...he will say yes and then you can tell him that this is a story about the day he was born....tell him about how you went 9 long months with him in your belly and how he was always kicking (or hiccupping everyday like my son lol)....and then tell him about how you went to the hospital and the doctors gave you medicine for the pain and how they made a line on your belly to get him out of there,then show him the scar and say "see,this is how you came into this world".........make it fun,and interesting for him.....use toys to get his imagination going,he will pay more attention!!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011