fainting during labor

has anyone had their SO faint? mine is scared cause everyone he has talked to said they passed out cause it was so intense seeing it all hapen and he is worried he will lol id freak out if he did is it normal ? or i mena common?

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine did. Several times. The whole thing just freaked him out! LOLOL I thought it was cute. ya know, the big tough man fainting at the sight of blood. LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oh wow I thought all that was a myth! Guess I better invest in some smelling salts..hehehehe
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• lol .. id probably laugh later but id be like wtf where di dyou go lol with my first i did it alone so this will be the first time with someone there im worried about him hitting the floor lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My husband turned pale but the drs and nurses will make him sit down. The only reason he turned pale was when they were putting in my iv and when I got my epi. Trust me when it is time to push both of you will forget about everything but seeing your beautiful baby. I am not sure what it is like with a c-section.
    Congrats
    Anita
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 2:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• lol thanks .. well hopefully he will be ok then cause he has seen many ivs already lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Most guys who think seeing labor will be a problem for them end up doing just fine, so I wouldn't worry. And you'll probably be a little too busy to pay attention to whether or not he's fainting, so forget about it! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• lol i noticed everything last time lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• For the record: my husband said the worst thing was when I threw up. I knew it was going to happen, and the nurse was holding a little pan for me to do it in, but apparently it was worse than all the blood and goo and poo!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• lol ... i felt liek iwas gonna lst tiem they told me good a throw up push would be great ..lol i was liek what ? i dont wanna throw up lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Nope my husband watched the whole thing while holding my leg up he was so fascinated, he plans on watching the birth of this child as well. Jeremy's head was actually closer in watching the delivery than the midwife's was he still talks about what a cool thing it was to see
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2008