Why do people drive drunk when they know its wrong?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 4:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Travel

• They don't have money for a cab but they have money to go drink with?  Stupidity.  Sorry, but it is.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Everybody knows not to do it they're just selfish people. A drunk driver took my eldest and husband from me and I now campaign to people locally to try and stop people from doing it so no more families are destroyed by it. It's idiotic and all people know better. I know I should put a PC answer to this question but I quite literally hate people who drink drive now. They're selfish, irresponsible and can become murderers. Feel free to vote me down I don't care anymore.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• And I disagree.  I am an alcoholic and I've never driven drunk.  Using "I didn't know how drunk I was" isn't an excuse in my opinion.  It's common sense in my opinion, if you have ANYTHING to drink, don't drive.  Better safe than sorry.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't believe there is any excuse I have ever heard that would make it okay.  It's stupid, plain and simple.  If you know that you can't get home SAFELY, don't go.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Because while drunk you get to this idiot point where you *think* you're not drunk or that your not so drunk you can't drive properly. Drinking messes with your thought process. That's why at parties they collect keys and at bars they will call you a cab.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• because drinking impairs judgement... they think they are "just a little tipsy, not drunk, I'll just drive a bit slower than usual" OR... "just a little tipsy, not drunk, I'll just drive a bit FASTER than usual so I stay less time on the streets"
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 4:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Because once a person gets legally drunk, or worse, it is more difficult to make and intelligent judgement. That is why it is better to give the keys before someone even starts drinking. Not that it's right.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• because those specific people are stupid.

i have been drunk plenty of times in my life, a few years ago i was a binge drinker and would go out on weekends and get smashed. as drunk as i was i NEVER drove, nor did i argue with people who wanted to hold my keys for me or drive me home. IMO if you have somewhat of a brain you can still make that life-altering decision no matter how inebriated you are.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Because they are idiots!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 7:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• when your drunk you dont give a crap about anything. Safety doesnt pop into your head
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 4:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011